How many times do you hear this advice?
Are you feeling frustrated that it’s March and you are no further forward with your plans?
Why do you think that is?
Could it be that you are frightening yourself with all the what ifs?
- What if you leave your job and you discover it was a mistake?
- What if you don’t find something you like better?
- What if you starve?
It’s amazing how many of us get in our own way by nearly… nearly making that next step and pulling back at the last minute.
If we wait for certainty and guarantees we will never make that move because we can always find something to worry about. But, what if there were some simple steps you can take to support you as you take that leap?
Ready to move on?
Well here’s the practical stuff….. I know, I know it sounds dull but it’s worth it for that exciting new job. I promise. So what should you do?
- Have an emergency fund - this should be enough to fund 3-6 months of your expenses and stop you from worrying about the mortgage or the rent.
- Consider the new job you are seeking as a step towards your dream job.
- Get into the habit of looking at your dream objectively and exploring the potential of turning it into a sustainable source of income…… Who says you have to work for someone else?
Watch this space for more inspiration to take you towards the job of your dreams.
For coaching and support, why not contact me at Orrganise?